Guillaume Lathoud's page
Microphone arrays etc.
yak.js (Yet Another yaK): JS & JSON united to write dynamic HTML pages with less pain. GitHub repository, live example
Downloadable for free:
- Use of Formal Methods at Amazon Web Services by Chris Newcombe, Tim Rath,
Fan Zhang, Bogdan Munteanu, Marc Brooker, Michael Deardeuff, 29th September, 2014.
- Can Programming Be Liberated from the von Neumann Style? by John Backus
- Experimental method: "Introduction à l'étude de la médecine expérimentale" (Claude Bernard, 1865).
- "Science and Sanity" (Alfred Korzybski, 1933).
- Programming (video lectures, website): "Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs" 2nd edition (Abelson, Sussman and Sussman, 1996).
- 8 mistakes of humanity: "Die acht Todsünden der Zivilisierten Menschheit" (Konrad Lorenz, 1973).
- "Gefährdete Menschheit: Ursache und Verhütung der Degeneration" (Albert von Haller, 1958): A great nutrition classic, based on the worldwide travels & studies of the American dentist W. Price.
- "Gib den Stress-Hormonen, was sie brauchen" (Porta and Zagler, 2002): Amazing book explaining the biochemistry of stress hormones, and how to give them what they need. Very readable.
- Teamwork in the computer industry: "Peopleware - Productive Projects and Teams", 2nd ed. (DeMarco and Lister, 1987, 1998).
- Build a capacity to change in the modern enterprise: "Slack - Getting Past Burnout, Busywork, and the Myth of Total Efficiency" (DeMarco, 2001).
- yak.js: JS and JSON united to write dynamic HTML pages,
→ HTML example, GitHub repository
- Flatorize: Generate fast, flat, factorized code for mathematical expressions,
April 2013, October 2014.
→ HTML, Budapest 2014 nodebp/bpjs meetup slides & video.
- Tail metacomposition (Lightweight mutual tail recursion optimization without trampoline),
→ HTML, Budapest 2014 mloc.js talk slides, video, both.
- Position the ramp of a construction site by solving a quartic equation,
- Cheap Runtime Asserts: Soft Type Checking,
- Counting in base 20 using underlined digits,
- derive.js: minimalistic inheritance for ECMAScript 5,
- proto.js: minimalistic inheritance for ECMAScript 3,
- JSCheck: a full ECMAScript 3 code checker,
→ JSCheck itself: XHTML
→ Underlying cross-engine Narcissus parser: HTML
- An individual cacheBust for each dojo build layer,
- Short-Term Spatio-Temporal Clustering Applied to Multiple Moving Speakers,
in "IEEE Transactions on Audio, Speech and Language Processing", Vol. 15, Issue 5, July 2007.
- Sector-Based Detection for Hands-Free Speech Enhancement in Cars,
in "EURASIP Journal on Applied Signal Processing, Special Issue on Advances in Multimicrophone Speech Processing", 2006.
- Audio-visual probabilistic tracking of multiple speakers in meetings,
in "IEEE Trans. on Audio, Speech, and Language Processing", accepted for publication, 2006.
- Automatic Analysis of Multimodal Group Actions in Meetings,
in "IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence", accepted for publication, 2004.
- Threshold Selection for Unsupervised Detection, with an Application to Microphone Arrays,
in "Proceedings of ICASSP 2006", 2006.
- A Sector-Based, Frequency-Domain Approach to Detection and Localization of Multiple Speakers,
in "Proceedings of ICASSP 2005", 2005.
- AV16.3: an Audio-Visual Corpus for Speaker Localization and Tracking,
in "Proceedings of the 2004 MLMI Workshop, S. Bengio and H. Bourlard Eds, Springer Verlag", 2005.
→ PDF, AV16.3 Corpus website
- Unsupervised Spectral Subtraction for Noise-Robust ASR,
in "Proceedings of the 2005 IEEE ASRU Workshop", 2005.
- Unsupervised Location-Based Segmentation of Multi-Party Speech,
in "Proceedings of the 2004 ICASSP-NIST Meeting Recognition Workshop", 2004.
Research Reports (selection)
- Observations on Multi-Band Asynchrony in Distant Speech Recordings,
IDIAP-RR 06-74, 2006.
- Further Applications of Sector-Based Detection and Short-Term Clustering,
IDIAP-RR 06-26, 2006.
- Channel Normalization for Unsupervised Spectral Subtraction,
IDIAP-RR 06-09, 2006.
Produced on 2014-12-20 by index.scm - by Guillaume Lathoud (glathoud _at_ yahoo _dot_ fr)